The Committee Reports were as follows:
Education – none
Historian – none
Library – members set up a Christmas display at Woodstown Library
Membership – 26 members
Outreach – bookmarks with Lamplighters EGA information have been left at local quilt shop
Sunshine - none
Programming and Education:
- The February meeting will be to work on the Ort Box and a stitch-in for those not participating in the Ort Box Challenge.
- Pat Y. will set guidelines for a year long challenge that will run March 2017 to March 2018. Details will be provided at the February meeting.
- A Facebook page is being developed by Caryl C. More information will be provided as updates occur.
- Katie C. will share a project on interpretive stitching at a future meeting.
- Lynn B. will teach a stash buster at the March meeting.
- The Woodlawn Needlework Show is being held again this March. Members who wish to exhibit pieces should have them to Karen's Needlework Shop by January 31. There is a $20 fee for each piece exhibited.
- We will continue the $30 educational reimbursement to any member who enrolls in an EGA sponsored class fin 2017.
- The Annual Covered Dish Dinner Meeting with be April 20th.
- We will look into a possible places to stitch in conjunction with the Salem County Arts in Bloom in May.
- Patti H. of Gloucester County Historical Society will present a program on historical samplers at our May meeting.
- Linda W. will coordinate Christmas in July She is looking for volunteers to help her with the projects.
- In September, October and November, Joan T. will teach the Christmas Rose project from the NeedleArts Magazine Sign up will be required by June meeting. The guild will provide the wire, beads and fabric.
- Stitch in Public Day will be combined with our display in October at the Gloucester County Library.
- Lamplighters will contribute $150 to Delaware Valley Historic Sampler Guild towards the program by Doug Kreinik at their November 11 meeting.
- Possible future class will be a punch needle demonstration/class.
- The 2017 Christmas gift exchange will be a pincushion or biscournu.
This month's picture walk of our finishes. Some may be from our December meeting.
On the left I believe is an adaptation of the book of stitches by Jeannette Douglas.
This looks like a Drawn Thread pattern.
I am not sure about all three pieces but I believe the center one is a Cherished Stitches piece by Caryl C.
Part of the Beatles series from Blackbird Designs, stitched by Caryl C.
A finish of a Christmas in July project.
A Mill Hill but Karolin R. (?)
Since this is a new endeavor for Lamplighter's, we are still working out the kinks with this blog. Please let me know at the next week of any corrections. Also, if I have shared a picture of your finished work, it would be nice if you shared the name of your pattern so I can post that information.